Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday || A much improved day

Today was a much better day than yesterday :-) And in two days I am flying to Pittsburgh for my sisters graduation and get the chance to see my parents in months :-) hence, I am excited... Because of the celebration weekend I will unfortunately miss my favorite Friday's Insanity Session with Jose... Well to compensate that I'm working out twice both Tuesday and Wednesday...

So today I went for a lunch hour spinning workout. This class is conducted by Jose @ Carnival Cruiselines Gym..Again it was very intense session and loved every bit of it... Had many sprints, jumps, hills etc. the interval training was superb. Loved it and made me sweat like crazy...

Then after work headed to Crossfit4u in Doral... today's WOD was the following:

Warm up - 4 laps running with side runs, burpees, jumping jacks...

5 Rounds of:

30  Walking Lunges with Overhead Press (check the link below)
Walking Lunge Press with Dumbbells (demo)

20 KB American Swing


10 Dips

5 Sprawls

This is very similar to a burpee but you dont do a push up and you dont jump


Run 80 meters

I clocked 16 mins and 35 seconds :-) for all 5 rounds...


After those five rounds are done do 4 rounds of:

20 Seconds Planks

20 Full Abs


Warm down and stretch well... See you tomorrow... get ready for Jose's Core+Cardio workout and some fun with crossfit as well...

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap. My first WOD. Took 17 mins to do x2 rounds. Those lunges kill, what weight do u use for those? Keep em coming, I'll try to catch up

    Navin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used a couple of 25 lb dumbells but since you are bigger you can go for a bigger weight... Anyhow, light weights are fine as these exersices have many repetetions

    ReplyDelete