Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CARDIO TUESDAY!!!!

Today for the first time I did Jose's Spinning class during the lunch hour... It was superb. I have done all the spinning classes in Carnival Cruise Lines gym now :) Wilma's classes has also been good. She does a lot of hills and jumps as well. Jose's class had a very good mix of hills, jumps, sprints etc. and it was high intensed from the start to the end. I loved it and didnt even feel the time went by. I was able to push my self quite well.

After work I went to the Cross Fit Session in Doral as usual.... Todays workout was very challenging but I nailed it. I finished it in 25.30 mins. It may be not so good compared to pros :D but I personally pushed my self real hard and finished first in that session :-)

So this was the work out - MANMAKERS

Warm up with 4 hill sprints and 4 X 200m runs and stretching

Then comes the manmakers

You do Manmakers in decending order (with a couple of 20 lbs dumbbells)
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

After every even number you do a Hill Spint (50m)

And after an Odd round you do a 80m fast run

(Example: you do 10 manmakers, then you do a 50m hill sprint and run back (about 100m), then you do 9 manmakers followed by a 80m sprint, then 8 manmakers and hill sprint again, 7 manmakers followed by 80m sprints, 6 manmakers and hill sprints and so on till you do one manmaker and a 80m sprint)

This a video on how to do manmakers (watch the first part on how to do manmakers):



I finished the workout in 25 mins and 30 second... Hope you will enjoy the workout and push hard beyond your comfort level :-) have fun guys...

Crossfit work outs are from Crossfit4u in Doral, FL
Other workouts are from Carnival Cruise Lines Gym Assistant Director, Jose Seminario

No comments:

Post a Comment